Serving Strathfieldsaye for over 150 years
For as long as there's been a Strathfieldsaye, God's people have been gathering here to worship God and serve each other, and Strathfieldsaye Community Church is the latest chapter in this 150-year-old story! Here's a brief history of our church.
Strathfieldsaye Community Churchwas formed in 2011, but we are not a new denomination nor a new Church. We started as a merger of the Strathfieldsaye Uniting Church and St. Stephen's Anglican Church Emu Creek, and we are now working as one to be the people of God in our community. Together, we share the Good News of Jesus Christ crucified and risen, and serve Strathfieldsaye and the surrounding district.
Strathfieldsaye Uniting Churchwas formed in 1872, moved into 920 Wellington Street in 1954, and renamed to Strathfieldsaye Uniting Church in 1977 when the Uniting Church in Australia was formed.
St. Stephen's Anglican Church Emu Creekwas formed in 1888 as part of the Anglican Diocese of Bendigo, and faithfully served this community from their building on Hargreaves Road until it unfortunately had to close.
We still maintain our relationships with the Uniting & Anglican Churches, and we remain part of both the Loddon-Mallee Presbytery in the Uniting Church of Australia and the Anglican Diocese of Bendigo. We also are supported by BCA, the Bush Church Aid Society of Australia.